4th May race update: the race briefing has been published (with 3 waves allocations & timetable on the night), the weather is looking good (dry with highs of 15C), the post-race experience will be great (food, drinks, massage) and we’ve super prizes (worth over €1,500).
May Race Preview
We’re delighted to have over 215 pre-registered competitors, from over 17 clubs in Dublin & across Leinster. Pulse Tri Club is the largest – followed by Belpark, Piranha and 3D. You have been allocated to one of 3 waves – with registration opening at 5.30pm. Please ensure you bring your TI 2016 membership card or your One Day Membership print out. Limited entries will be available on the night so get there early. Wave 1 is off at 7.15pm with waves 2 and 3 starting at 7.25pm and 7.35pm. Wave allocations are fixed and cannot be changed – your time will be based off your chip.
Wave 1 sees our 2015 race winners back – Cian O’Reilly and Ellen Vitting, although some dark horses may appear. Brendan Buck from Wicklow Tri is a strong cyclist, finishing 2nd recently at Quest Glendalough. Will Byrne is another strong cyclist. Paula Prendergast did well last year so should also feature.
2016 Race Updates
A number of improvements have been made to the Duathlon Race Series since 2015. Please read this race briefing in full, but note the following changes:
- Registration now open at the earlier time of 17:30
- Run course measured at 2.5km (previously noted at 2.7km)
- Bike dismount line moved further back to Khyber Pass
- Bike lanes added near dismount line – stay right on laps 1 and 2 if continuing, stay left on lap 3 to enter dismount line.
- Retain your race bib number after the race – it’s required to enter transition & also at bag drop
- Safety – ensure your handlebars are plugged with bar ends and remember no earphones permitted
- Improved post-race experience and expanded range of sponsored prizes worth over €1,500 per race
Are you ready to race in Dublin’s biggest duathlon series ? The Belpark Summer Duathlon Series will be returning to Dublin’s Phoenix Park, with 3 races on Wednesday evenings on the following dates:
- 4th May
- 1st June
- 6th July
See the PHOENIX PARK DUATHLONS section of our website for full details of a course description and how to enter. This is a 100% club-run event. It is fully sanctioned by Triathlon Ireland, all levels of athlete are welcome and all proceeds go back to funding club activities. The duathlon consists of a 2.5km run, followed by a 12km cycle (3x4km laps) and finishes with a 2nd run of 2.5km.
How to Enter
- Enter through the Triathlon Ireland website for €20 per race (entries close at 11pm on the Monday of race week). Limited entries available on the night from 5.30pm.
- Ensure you have a valid 2016 Triathlon Ireland membership card, or else purchase a One Day Membership in advance of the race for €15.
- Group Bookings are also available. See the PHOENIX PARK DUATHLONS section of our website for full details.