- Race news/results: we’d love to feature your race report on the website – just write a few paragraphs to sum up your race (latest from David Power). Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Dublin City Triathlon took place in the Phoenix Park today, with a large number of club members racing. In the category 1 sprint race, Brendan Murphy was 7th, Brendan Crawford 12th. We’d 12 competitors in the sprint race, with Claire Reynolds first home. Maeve Masterson came 2nd in her age group. We’d 18 competitors in the Olympic race, with David Power home in 17th and Helen French winning her AG. Well done to those who did their first Olympic distance race. Results here.
- Other results: Mourne Triathlon in Co Down Gunda Albert finished in 12th female. Bray Aquathon last Wednesday had several club members competing – Therese Hanley 4th female & David Power 7th male. Ironman Vichy in France: Phil Ellis was unfortunate not to finish, with a bike accident late on the course stopping his race. Well done Phil – onwards to 2017. Eoin Greene and Ronan Kane participated in the Stelvio Bike day in Italy, which included a climb up the Passo dello Stelvio.
- Training news: UCD swim blocks are on sale, with a new discount for 2 weekly swims.
- Social event – the rescheduled Belpark Bondi Rescue Relay will take place on Sept 10 in Greystones South Beach. There will also be a post event bbq. Details to follow.
- Members Survey: we want to hear your opinions, so please respond to our members survey which was emailed last week. Check out our latest club development update news.
- Members Directory: please upload your profile photo to your account on the Belpark Members Zone. Details here
Training Events this week
- Mon – UCD swims 6.00-7:00am, 7:00-8:00am, Pilates 8:00pm-9.00pm only
- Tue – Rathfarnham run Intervals 6.30-7:30pm
- Wed – UCD swim 6.30-7:30am
- Thu –
- Fri – UCD swims 6.00-7:00am, 7:00-8:00am
- Sat – Beginners bike spin 9am
- Sun – Intermediate Bike Spin, 8:00am
Competitions this week
- Sat 3rd Sep: Lost Sheep Middle Distance Championships (Kenmare); Tri an Mhí; Connemara
- Sun 4th Sep: Pulse Junior Pool Aquathon; Stena Line Sprint; Lough Key
Please refer to the Training section and the Google Calendar (left side of screen) for more info. Club members also organise unofficial training sessions which take place on a regular basis e.g. bike intervals/spins and midweek open water swims. The club takes no responsibility for any of these sessions. Post on the discussion forum with any queries.
— Naomi (@GilksN) August 28, 2016
— Gunda Dorothea (@gundadorothea) August 27, 2016