- Race news/results: we’d love to feature your race report on the website – just write a few paragraphs to sum up your race (latest from John Broaders on DCT). Email email@example.com.
- ETU Mixed Relay Championships: our team of Ellen, Brendan, Marie and Jonathan did us proud representing the club and Ireland along with Limerick Tri Club in Banyoles, Spain. The race was fast and short, with each member completing the 250m swim, 5km bike and 1.5km run. Results
- Lost Sheep Middle Distance Championships (Kenmare): 17 athletes took part, with 15 finishing. Derval Devaney was 5th female, with husband Kevin 6th male. Results
- Other: David Power was 4th in Quest Achill adventure race. Let us know if you took part in Tri an Mhí; Connemara Tri, Pulse Junior Pool Aquathon; Stena Line Sprint; Lough Key Tri.
- Other results: huge congratulations to Lisa Jacob and Nikki Dorey who completed a massive achievement of Cycling Around Ireland, over 2,000km non-stop in 5 days. All in aid of Suicide or Survive charity.
- National series rankings: with most of the National Series races completed, things are hotting up in the super series, age group and team series rankings. Belpark’s womens & mens teams (top 5 members) are both in 3rd place, with the combined mixed team in 5th. Ellen Murphy is 3rd female & Brendan Murphy 5th male in the super series. Check out your ranking
- Training news: UCD swim blocks are on sale, with a new discount for 2 weekly swims. Terenure Wednesday evening swims are open to all levels, focusing on technique.
- Social event: the rescheduled Belpark Bondi Rescue Relay will take place on Sept 10 in Greystones South Beach. There will also be a post event bbq. Details to follow.
- Members Survey: we want to hear your opinions, so please respond to our members survey before it closes on 6-Sep. Check out our latest club development update news.
- Members Directory: please upload your profile photo to your account on the Belpark Members Zone. Details here
Training Events this week
- Mon – UCD swims 6.00-7:00am, 7:00-8:00am, Pilates 8:00pm-9.00pm only
- Tue – Rathfarnham run Intervals 6.30-7:30pm
- Wed – UCD swim 6.30-7:30am
- Thu –
- Fri – UCD swims 6.00-7:00am, 7:00-8:00am
- Sat – Beginners bike spin 9am; Bondi beach rescue 3pm Greystones
- Sun – Intermediate Bike Spin, 8:00am
Competitions this week
- Sat 10th Sep: Blacksod (NS), Glin, DUST
- Sun 11th Sep: Jailbreak (NS), Skerries
Please refer to the Training section and the Google Calendar (left side of screen) for more info. Club members also organise unofficial training sessions which take place on a regular basis e.g. bike intervals/spins and midweek open water swims. The club takes no responsibility for any of these sessions. Post on the discussion forum with any queries.
— Ross Higgins (@RossAEHiggins) September 3, 2016
— Cycle Around Ireland (@cyclearoundirl) September 1, 2016