Based in South Dublin, Belpark Juniors caters for athletes aged from 5 years up to 18 years.
Well, the race season has finally started, so let’s hope summer won’t be far behind!
Hope all our junior and youth members are getting ready for the Belpark Duathlon on 7th June. Not long now! The approximate categories/distances are:
- Age 6-7: 250m run / 2km cycle/ 250m run
- Age 8-9: 400m run / 2.5km cycle / 400m run
- Age 10-13: 1km run / 4km cycle / 800m run
Keep an eye on the updated calendar below for the events in the meantime.
- Swimming – If any of the Youth members are interested in the early morning sessions in UCD, please contact us for more information. For the younger juniors, we will continue with the Wednesdays at 20:15 in Terenure. As the weather has improved, we have started our Open Water swims in Seapoint too.
- Running – It is possible for youth members to join the new running sessions on a Thursday in UCD at 7pm. Please let us know in advance if this is of interest.
- Cycling – The club group spins will be are on Sundays at 8am from April 9th. Youth members are welcome to join the appropriate adult level, depending on safeguarding constraints. However, we must know in advance if someone is planning on coming along.
Note: Please refer to our Policy documents section on the website for the latest “Juniors Training with Adults” policy.
Full schedule update below for your reference.
Juvenile calendar 2017
The provisional calendar of events is below. This will be updated throughout the year.
We will also be selecting various races as focus events for our juniors once the season is in full swing!
Parents and Guardian Role
This is an information form that is required for the parents/guardian to complete and give to the Belpark coach or TI personnel for children / junior athlete participating in activities of the organisation in line with the Triathlon Ireland Safeguarding Code for Young People and Manual of Guidance. It is not the Junior Membership Form.
Where a parent or guardian is unavailable to attend an event with a junior member, they can appoint a substitute and give full permission for the person to attend with their child in the parent’s absence. This must have original signature and be sent to the appropriate coach at Belpark/TI. For further information, please visit Triathlon Ireland safeguarding page
Typical Distances for Children’s Races
The distances below are recommendations only. Please refer to Triathlon Ireland website for each race organiser to confirm race distances as these can vary.
Contact our Junior Team
For further information, please contact the Belpark Youth and Child Welfare Officer (Sharon Meyler).