New To Tri Training Program – 2018
Our NEW TO TRI program will take you from complete beginner to fully fledged triathlete in just 10 weeks!
Our NEW TO TRI program is open to all those who are interested in completing their first triathlon in 2018 – no need to be nervous or worried, we’ll get you to the start and finish line! The program is aimed at men and women aged 18+ who have never done a triathlon before.
The training program is also available for Belpark members as well as members from other clubs in the Dublin area.
WHAT IS IN THE PROGRAM
The program begins on Saturday 27th January with our ‘Introduction to Triathlon’ at 10:00am in Ballymount.
It includes weekly coached sessions as well as a training program for additional sessions to ensure you build and improve on your fitness as the weeks progress.
The coached sessions will include:
- Swimming– one of the following, depending on ability
- UCD on Tues evenings at 7:00pm
- Terenure on Wed evenings at 8:15pm or 9:00pm
- Running – weekly on Thurs evenings in UCD at 7:00pm
- Biking – weekly session primarily Sunday mornings
The final test will be a ‘Try-a-Tri’ race on the afternoon of Sunday, 1st of April before you officially become a TRIATHLETE.
This is great value at just €80* for the 10 weeks, including the final race.
If you are interested in taking part please contact us.
*All participants must also have 2018 membership of Triathlon Ireland, a basic non-race licence is required at minimum, at a cost of €25. This can be purchased via the Triathlon Ireland website.
*You do not need to be a member of Belpark Tri in order to take part, providing you are a member of Triathlon Ireland as highlighted above.
- swimming togs, goggles, hat
- basic bike – racer/road bike (preferred), hybrid or mountain.
- Helmet, you will not be allowed to train or race without one.
- Must have a basic level of swim ability, i.e. must be able to swim a length of a 25m pool without stopping
- Membership of Triathlon Ireland – non-race or race licence