New To Tri Training Program – 2019
Our NEW TO TRI program will take you from complete beginner to fully fledged triathlete in just 10 weeks!
Our NEW TO TRI program is open to all those who are interested in completing their first triathlon in 2019 – no need to be nervous or worried, we’ll get you to the start and finish line! The program is aimed at men and women aged 18+ who have never done a triathlon before. All training sessions are organised by club coaches or experienced members and it’s a great way to make meet new people within the club.
The training program open to Belpark members, runs for 10 weeks and begins on the 23rd February.
WHAT IS IN THE PROGRAM
Our New-to-Tri program includes weekly coached sessions as well as a training program for additional sessions to ensure you build and improve on your fitness as the weeks progress.
The coached sessions will include:
- Swimming– depending on ability, sessions are in UCD or Terenure pool
- Running – weekly on Thurs evenings in UCD at 7:00pm
- Biking – weekly session primarily Sunday mornings
The final test will be a ‘Try-a-Tri’ race before you officially become a TRIATHLETE.
*All participants must be a member of Belpark and have a 2019 membership of Triathlon Ireland. A basic non-race licence is required at minimum, which can be purchased via the Triathlon Ireland website.
*If you are interested in taking part, please sign up by clicking on the New-to-Tri ticket in the Member Zone Booking Portal.
- swimming togs, goggles, hat
- basic bike – racer/road bike (preferred), hybrid or mountain.
- Helmet, you will not be allowed to train or race without one.
- Must have a basic level of swim ability, i.e. must be able to swim a length of a 25m pool without stopping
- Membership of Triathlon Ireland – non-race or race licence