New To Tri Training Program – 2017
Our NEW TO TRI program will take you from complete beginner to fully fledged triathlete in just 10 weeks!
Our NEW TO TRI program is open to all those who are interested in completing their first triathlon in 2017 – no need to be nervous or worried, we’ll get you to the start and finish line! The program is aimed at men and women aged 18+ who have never done a triathlon before.
The training program is also available for Belpark members as well as members from other clubs in the Dublin area.
What is in the program
The program begins on Saturday 4th February with our ‘Introduction to Triathlon’ at 10:00am in Ballymount.
Weekly coached sessions as well as this a training program for additional sessions will be provided to ensure you build and improve on your fitness as the weeks progress.
The coached sessions will include:
- Terenure swim session – Wed evenings at 8:15pm with the first of these on Wed 8th February
- Thursday evening run session
- Weekend bike or run session. These will start at 9am or 10am, depending on the session. The sessions are planned as follows:
Sat 4th February, “Intro to Tri in Ballymount”
Sat 11th February, “Bike handling, group cycling etc. in Ballymount”
Sun 19th February, “Bike Spin (Rathfarnham)”
Sun 26th February, “Bike Spin (Rathfarnham)”
Sun 5th March, “Bike Spin (Rathfarnham)”
Sat 11th March, “Corkagh Park, brick session”
Sun 19th March, “Bike Spin (Rathfarnham)”
Sun 26th March, “Bike Spin (Rathfarnham)”
Sat 1st April, “Bike + run session (Rathfarnham)”
Sun 9th April, “Bike Spin (Rathfarnham)”
Sat 15th April, “Race briefing, Q&A, transition set up etc. – Shoreline, Greystones”
Mon 17th April, “Try-a-Tri race, 400m swim, 12k cycle, 3k run”
The final test will be a ‘Try-a-Tri’ race on the afternoon of Monday, 17th of April starting in the Shoreline Pool in Greystones, before you officially become a TRIATHLETE.
This is great value at just €80* for the 10 weeks, including the final race.
*All participants must also have 2017 membership of Triathlon Ireland, a basic non-race licence is required at minimum, at a cost of €20. This can be purchased via the Triathlon Ireland website. For any queries in relation to this please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- swimming togs, goggles, hat
- basic bike – racer/road bike (preferred), hybrid or mountain.
- Helmet, you will not be allowed to train or race without one.
- Must have a basic level of swim ability, i.e. must be able to swim a length of a 25m pool without stopping
- Membership of Triathlon Ireland – non-race licence
Where can I sign up
This program is currently underway, so new registrations are no longer being accepted at this time.